We’re Good to Go – Acquiring the Industry Standard mark means that our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
The accreditation indicates to customers that an establishment has in place the necessary risk assessment, safety measures and staff training to reopen safely, in line with the UK’s respective government and trade association guidelines.
Please see our Terms & Conditions with regard to Covid-19 procedures prior to booking and arrival. https://secure.supercontrol.co.uk/terms/11501
Covid-19 guidance on becoming symptomatic or confirmed positive during your stay: https://www.assc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/FAQ-Suspected-Covid-19-on-Premises.pdf
As part of our plans to make your stay at Blue Reef as safe as possible for you, our housekeepers and the wider community we will be introducing the Scottish Government cleaning guidelines and adopting the following procedures:
- We have always encouraged our guests to shop local and this is even more important now, the local community co-operative (see fb page for up to date info) has a wide selection of groceries and we encourage you to pre-order through ourselves, we will collect and have in your cottage for your arrival. If you require additional shopping during your stay we are more than happy to do that for you if you would prefer not to visit the shops. Again if you wish to source local produce such as lobster, scallops or langoustines we will order and collect for you. We expect that a number of the local restaurants and takeaways will open as visitor numbers increase and we will update you prior to your arrival, pre-booking will be required for sit down meals.
- We anticipate that entry to the cottage will be 4.30pm, for returning guests you may have been used to entry by 2.30/3pm, due to the additional cleaning required we can no longer guarantee this. Should the cottage be ready for you prior to 4.30pm we will phone you on your mobile.
- Rather than our normal personal meet and greet, you should make your way directly to the cottage. On your arrival please give us a call on 01859550370 and for those of you visiting for the first time we will give a quick overview of the cottage by telephone or video call. We will email as much info as possible, on what to do, where to eat etc in advance of your visit. This will be available digitally on the cottage computer too. We anticipate that not all shops, restaurants, galleries will open this year and some will open on a reduced capacity basis. Many businesses will require booking in advance.
Our cleaning plan prior to guests arrival has been drawn up to ensure a virus free environment, in conjunction with Government guidelines we have developed a range of new measures to ensure your cottage is virus free:
- Each cottage will be fogged on guest departure, after fogging our housekeepers will then perform their normal thorough clean, wearing PPE, but with a new virucidal surface cleaner. All our housekeepers and I have now completed a COVID19- Holiday Let Cleaning Course. Linen will all be laundered at a temperature sufficient to kill any virus. Mattress/ pillow protectors, pillows and duvets will be replaced every changeover. Washing-up gloves, oven gloves and stove gloves are to be changed every changeover.
- We will also provide hand sanitising gel, sterilising hand wash and disinfectant spray, along with normal cleaning materials. It would be advisable to bring your own face masks which you will have to wear as mandatory on the ferry/public transport and in local shops etc. Complimentary toiletries and hamper are still being provided in your cottage.
Midweek clean- This is not advisable during the current pandemic but should you wish a changeover of towels and linen this will be left in the cottage for you and we would ask that the linen is put into the bags provided. This will be removed on day of departure.
Activities – We would advise the any activities you wish to participate in you contact the provider direct, most will be listed on the following website: www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk This website will also have digital leaflets on Hebridean Way walks. We would advise whatever activity you undertake whether it is organised or just walking on the beaches that you observe the advised 2m social distancing. Operators information may change regularly over the coming weeks and operators fb pages are the best source of up to date information.
Please help us on departure day by doing the following:
- Please settle any outstanding bills for any groceries, seafood etc. the day before you depart before 5pm (over the phone or by bank transfer). We will email you a copy of your bill beforehand.
- Please ensure you vacate the cottage by 10am. This is our standard checkout time but it is currently more important than ever that we have enough time to safely prepare the cottage for the next guests. As per the Government cleaning protocols we would ask that you place all your bedding and towels in the bags provided prior to your departure at 10.00am, if however you do not wish to do this, Rhoda will come down to remove at 9.30am, prior to the housekeepers arriving. Please also open a number of windows to ventilate the rooms prior to your departure.
- One recommendation is that we ‘de-clutter’ the cottages by removing all books cd’s etc however we feel that to do so could diminish the enjoyment of your experience and due to the disinfecting we are doing, we have decided not to do this, but instead to ask you to place any books, maps, cd’s games etc you have handled in the box provided in the office and they will be removed on your departure for a minimum 72 hours. We have removed all our information leaflets in the meantime, any you see in the cottage will be replaced on a rotational basis for each changeover.
Use of Bike and Golf Clubs – We have golf clubs and bikes available for your use during your stay. If you wish to go onto the Golf course, there is a booking system on line, on their website – www.harrisgolf.com 01859 550226. Due to the Covid restrictions we have not renewed our corporate membership this year.
For up to date information please look at the following websites or FB pages:
Outer Hebrides Tourism (OHT)-Official tourism website on what to do and see in the Outer Hebrides https://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/visitor-info/what-is-open-in-2020
Local health board – www.wihb.scot.nhs.uk
Local Authority for information relevant to the Islands – https://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/coronavirus/